Re: reportbug reports are not sent

Russ Allbery wrote:

> Joseph Herlant <herlantj@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Reportbug sends mails via your local mail server by default.
>
> Pretty sure this isn't true any more, is it?  I think it's now using the
> submit port and sending mail directly to a Debian host.  (Of course,
> that's unstable/testing; stable may be too old for that.)

Indeed, that is (at last) the default:

$ reportbug --version
reportbug 6.5.1

$ reportbug
[...]
Do you have a "mail transport agent" (MTA) like Exim, Postfix or SSMTP
configured on this
computer to send mail to the Internet? [y|N|q|?]?

Please enter the name of your SMTP host. Usually it's called something like
"mail.example.org"
or "smtp.example.org". If you need to use a different port than default, use
the <host>:<port>
alternative format. Just press ENTER if you don't have one or don't know,
and so a Debian SMTP
host will be used.

cheers
Stuart