Re: invalid and duplicate architectures

Hi,

and thank you everybody for your replies! :)

Quoting Niels Thykier (2014-05-24 08:42:52)
> On 2014-05-24 04:16, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:

> >> Dpkg::Arch::get_valid_arches, which looks at /usr/share/dpkg/*table
> >
> > I'm pretty sure that Lintian already uses that data to check whether
> > architectures are valid (I vaguely remember working on that code), but it
> > may well be that the existing check doesn't get the wildcards right.
> >

> Hi,
>
> Honestly, I am pretty sure the validator gets wildcards right.  I
> remember re-implementing that part of the Lintian code and ran into the
> exact problem[1].
>
> I am more inclined to believe that the problem is that there is /no/
> validation of the "Architecture" field in d/control of the source
> package.  At least a quick scan of checks/control-file.pm suggests this
> to be the case.

I tested this with src:picolisp (= 3.1.6.1) which has "any-armhf" in the
Architecture field of the picolisp binary package it builds and lintian does
not issue a warning about it. I'll post a bugreport about this to lintian.

Thanks!

cheers, josch