Bug#752384: HEAnet sourceforge mirror is outdated
- To: Daniel Lintott <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#752384: HEAnet sourceforge mirror is outdated
- From: Paul Wise <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:20:30 +0800
- Message-id: <[🔎] CAKTje6FcABA=CQYd+6Dc+vKE9r5zVCXS1SZGvELyRG2iemail@example.com>
- Reply-to: Paul Wise <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <53CE2EF7.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <53BA815E.email@example.com> <1404732475.12383.19.camel@chianamo> <53BBB93B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAKTje6H-A0R4zLvETOTG4u+-yz6zgdD_Wre=j0mLhmO2+KdnEw@mail.gmail.com> <53CCE53E.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1405951088.15329.9.camel@chianamo> <53CD60D9.email@example.com> <CAKTje6FXEiFMyC2VvKn83BC9H9-B9PNW-VKgGG-jB3sjAzLksw@mail.gmail.com> <53CE2EF7.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 5:29 PM, Daniel Lintott wrote:
> I would say that seems like a sensible suggestion. Using a ready-made
> system for the caching obviously has major benefits of being
> well-established and supported.
> Personally I've never used or setup such a service, but there are
> several available: nginx; trafficserver; haproxy
I expect we will just go with mod_cache from apache2, seems the simplest option.
> I shall drop another version of the patch to the bug report that reverts
> the custom caching mechanism.
A yak shaving exercise reminded me that this hasn't been done yet,
could you please send the updated patch?