Re: using piuparts to find log files

Hi Matt,

On Dienstag, 19. August 2014, Matt Taggart wrote:
> I am wondering if piuparts could help me determine which packages,
> when installed, result in files and directories in /var/log.

not really.

> (which isn't the same as packages that install files to /var/log)

so you want to find packages which install files _and_ directories to /var/log
like /var/log/foo.log and /var/log/foo/ ?? (but dont care if a package only
installs /var/log/foo.log?)

i'm curious: why do you want to know this? :)

> If not piuparts, maybe something else?

i've just tried "apt-file search /var/log" but that only resulted in five
hits. wonder why...

cheers,
	Holger