Re: vcswatch

Le Sat, Aug 02, 2014 at 04:25:49PM +0800, Thomas Goirand a écrit :

> 1- Have somewhere on the web interface, some button to ask for a full
> re-clone of the package.
> 2- Every now and then (every week?) do a full reclone
> 3- If qa.debian.org can have ssh access to Alioth, then something like
> this would do:
> ssh git.debian.org 'cd /git/openstack/nova.git && git branch | grep \\*'

Hi Christoph, Thomas and Raphaël,

if vcswatch only looks at the changelog, it can also be retreived by commands
such as the following.

git archive --remote=git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/htslib.git HEAD:debian control | tar xf - --to-stdout

The big limitations is that it requires a git:// URL and “git config
daemon.uploadarch true”, but on Alioth, perhaps it can be set globally ?  I am
not sure what are the drawbacks for not having it the default…

If vcswatch has SSH access to Alioth, then there is no need for a configured
Git daemon:

$ git archive --remote=git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/openstack/ceilometer.git HEAD:debian changelog |tar xf - --to-stdout | head
ceilometer (2014.1.1-4) unstable; urgency=medium

  * Add a new set of patches for OpenContrail.

 -- Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>  Wed, 09 Jul 2014 23:22:30 +0800

ceilometer (2014.1.1-3) unstable; urgency=medium

  * Updated the Danish debconf template thanks to Joe Dalton
    <joedalton2@yahoo.dk> (Closes: #753976).

This makes the solution more Alioth-specific, but we are expected to have at
least a mirror on Alioth, isn't it ?

Have a week-end,

--
Charles Plessy