Re: [UDD] Orphaned packages gatherer keeps on running into errors (Integrity Error inserting bug ...)

On 16/07/14 at 18:52 +0200, Christophe Siraut wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > thanks to Paul one issue was fixed.  Now we are running into the next
> > one.  Anybody with some spare time to care for this?
>
> The following patch might help, it follows a stackoverflow
> recommendation [1], we want to commit or rollback after each insert.
> Note I have not tested it locally, and I have no access to ullmann.

Hi,

I don't think that we can do that. Since we start with a DELETE, it
would mean that the orphaned_packages table will be seen as partially
filled by queries during the import.

Such errors are caused by duplicate WNPP bugs. I think that it makes
sense to fix them in the BTS, rather than work around them in UDD.
Alternatively, UDD could check if the insert is going to cause an error,
and display a warning if that's the case.

Lucas