Re: invalid and duplicate architectures

* Johannes Schauer <j.schauer@email.de>, 2014-05-23, 16:00:
So in summary, invalid wildcards are mostly produced from either old architectures that are not in the archive

This is likely not a bug. It's almost certainly not a bug for architectures that are still in stable (ia64, s390).

anymore or new architectures that are not in the archive yet

Probably not a bug either, just a maintainer trying to be (overly?) future-proof.

or some creative other cases like "any-armhf" or "disabled".

This is likely a bug.

In my code I counted all debian architectures as "valid" which are listed on packages.debian.net. Is there a better way to retrieve "valid" architectures in this context?

See Architectures field in the dist/{oldstable,stable,testing,unstable}/Release files on your favorite mirror.

--
Jakub Wilk