new incompatible versions of make and archive rebuilds

Hi,
[Please do keep me in the CC:, I am not subscribed to this list] Some time ago, I had uploaded the version 3.82 of make into experimental, since there were known backward incompatibilities in an
under-specified part of the rules. From the NEWS file:

Backward-incompatibility!
In previous versions of make it was acceptable to list one or more explicit targets followed by one or more pattern targets in the same rule and it worked "as expected". However, this was not documented as acceptable and if you listed any explicit targets AFTER the pattern targets, the entire rule would be mis-parsed. This release removes this ability completely: make will generate an error message if you mix explicit and pattern targets in
 the same rule.

This is known to cause some FTBS errors, and there are RC bugs keeping make 3.82 out of testing. Now there is a new version out, with an additional backwards incompatibility (hopefully, less intrusive). I would like to discover the scope of the problem by doing an archive rebuild with the newer make. Admittedly, the fix for each individual makefile is trivial, once we know where the breakage is occurring.

       Given how essential make is to our builds, it is perhaps
wise to know how much work needs be done before we can upgrade make. How does one go about asking for an archive rebuild with the version of make in experimental (4.0) ?

       Thanks for your time

       manoj
--
Doubt isn't the opposite of faith; it is an element of faith. Paul
Tillich, German theologian.