mumble: adopt package without maintainer response?

Greetings.

I'm looking to adopt the mumble package after a long period of inactivity from
the current maintainer (last activity 2012-11-12 in #691535), who is not
totally MIA but whom has not responded to contact attempts.  Last year the
package fell out of Testing and I was eventually contacted by others to help.
With some difficulty in finding a sponsor I was able to upload a newer version
in late November, then uploaded fixes for two CVEs that were found later.
Unfortunately the latest version in the Vcs contains these CVEs (and also has
its base communication codec removed).

After some discussion on [debian-devel] I decided to file an ITA (#739997) to
offer to adopt the package, but I haven't gotten any response in 3 weeks.
I've also tried to contact the maintainer via IRC in #debian-devel but haven't
gotten a response there either.

Since filing the ITA I've found that there have been several discussions in
[debian-devel] on this issue [1] [2] and a common suggestion seems to be
getting some kind of group consensus for adopting the package rather than an
individual developer making that decision, and specifically suggesting seeking
input from [debian-qa] for this purpose.

So is it okay for me to adopt the package?

Thanks in advance for any input.

  -- Chris

[1]:  https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/06/msg00048.html
[2]:  https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/10/msg00469.html