Handling of Bugs in package 'powermgmt-base'

Dear Debian QA members,

I recently came across an outstanding bug in package 'powermgmt-base',
acutally it's two bugs for the same issue: #681181 and #684105.

In his bug report filed on 7 Aug 2012 Marco d'Itri already gave the
solution:

changing the dependency of the package from 'module-init-tools' to
'kmod' in debian/control.

I've already tried to contact Chris Hanson via pm (s. att.), but haven't
got any response yet.  As the history of the package in the PTS[1] shows
no activity since 2009(!) whatsoever, I'd suggest orhpaning the package.

In the meantime I'd like to start contributing to the project by taking
care of specifically these two bugs (adapt serverity, merge, patch and
nmu) unless there are any objections on your part, are there?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Michael

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/powermgmt-base.html

 Michael Fladerer
 Network & System Administration

   Technische Universität Darmstadt
   Department of Mechanical Engineering
   Institute of Numerical Methods in Mechanical Engineering (FNB)
   Dolivostraße 15
   64293 Darmstadt
   Germany

   Tel: +49 (0) 61 51 / 16 - 23 84
   Fax: +49 (0) 61 51 / 16 - 44 79
   Email: fladerer@fnb.tu-darmstadt.de
   WWW: http://www.fnb.tu-darmstadt.de/
 GPG Key-ID: EE61F443
 Key fingerprint: A56F FE73 5FCC 4FF1 2E72  360E ACE6 1874 EE61 F443
--- Begin Message ---
Hi Chris,

first of all, I'd like to appologize for contacting you personally!

As I just ran into a problem cause by the dependency problem of
powermgmt-base, I decided to take a look at the package myself.  Both
bugs were filed almost 1.5 years ago and the package history in the
Debian PTS doesn't list any activity on the package since 2009.  This is
why I'd like to ask you if you'd mind me taking care of the two bugs?

As a matter of fact, both bugs address the same issue, so I was about to
merge them, but I wanted to check back with you first.  Would this be OK
with you?

As I'm neither a DD nor a DM I'll have to NMU the package afterwards.

Regards,
Michael