[PTS] What does "upstream version is buggy" mean?

Hi,

when I look at the PTS page of the package libaqbanking or
libgwenhywfar, I see a quite fuzzy item in the developers TODO list:

  "There is a temporary or permanent problem with the debian/watch file
   included in the package."

It links to a CGI script named watchfile-error.cgi which outputs the
message "upstream version is buggy".

I have two issues with the current state:

1.) Why isn't the "upstream version is buggy" message *directly*
included in the TODO list? One click less for all affected DDs can save
a considerable amount (in total) of work for our colleagues.

2.) What exactly is buggy about an upstream version like 5.0.31beta or
4.7.0beta? I would at least expect some hints or links where to learn
more about buggy upstream versions and suggestions how to fix them.

Regards,
Micha