Re: [Debian Wiki] Mise à jour de « DeveloperNews » par RaphaelHertzog

Le Fri, Aug 02, 2013 at 07:02:15AM -0000, Debian Wiki a écrit :
> +
> + === Email notifications for git commits on git.debian.org ===
> +
> + Many projects rely on the [[http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git#Commit_mails_with_diff|git-commit-notice]] script provided on git.debian.org to send mail notifications of the activity of the git repositories hosted there. Up to now, this script was based on (a very old copy of) the "post-receive-email" contrib script from Git upstream. I recently updated it and it's now based on [[https://github.com/mhagger/git-multimail/|git-multimail]] which generates more usefuls mails (with better subjects, with commit ordering per push, with proper support of merge, etc.). I have tweaked the script to auto-migrate the old git configuration settings so most of you shouldn't have anything to do but you might want to review/tweak the generated configuration (multimailhook.* git config settings) and drop the old one (hooks.* git config settings).
> +
> + -- Raphaël Hertzog

Thanks a lot, Raphaël.

Do you know a way to ignore the commits pushed on the upstream branch, and to
treat them as "not new" when it is merged in the master or Debian branch ?

This would help a lot when tracking directly an upstream repository instead of
using git-buildpackage's command 'git import-orig'.

Bon week-end,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan