Re: [Debian Wiki] Mise à jour de « debian/watch » par PaulWise

Hi,

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013, Charles Plessy wrote:
> just a brief comment while seeing this change to the Debian wiki page.  "Not
> flexible enough" is very open-ended and calls for continuous updates of watch
> files that work perfectly at the moment of their update.
>
> I think that all of this suggests that we would benefit of having this
> complexity transferred to uscan:  if the file looks like a compressed tar
> archive, like 'foo.tar.gz', then look for other common compressions or formats
> if no file is found.

+1

Or maybe allow usage of some predefined variables:
- $ARCHIVE_EXT -> (?:zip|tgz|tbz|txz|(?:tar\.(?:gz|bz2|xz)))
- $COMPRESSION_EXT -> (?:gz|bz2|xz)
- $ANY_VERSION -> (?:\d\S*)

Can you file a bug report against uscan ?

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/