Re: Attempting to push a code change to UDD

Hi Asheesh,

On Sat, Jul 06, 2013 at 10:24:29PM -0400, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm attempting to push a trivial code change to UDD, and running
> into an error. I'm attempting to access the git repository per
> http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git
>
> Here is the error:

> Perhaps I need to be added to the collab-qa group? This suggests
> that is needed:

If I remember correctly ACLs are set so any DD has commit permissions.
However, I remember that after the migration from alioth some ACLs were
lost - so this feature might have been vanished accidentally and QA
group admins should probably ask alioth admin to get this back.  A
short term solution would be to apply to become a group member.

> I'm OK with not being added if that is preferable.

I totally fail to see any reason why it should preferable to exclude
people from doing reasonable work.  HOwever, I'm not a QA group admin
and can not add you.

> I have attached
> the one-line code patch that will decrease the amount of automatic
> email I receive. (-:

To keep your motivation higher by not beeing bored by useless e-mails
I just commited and installed the patch.

> Thanks, all! Happy to be helping with UDD. As usual, I am reachable
> on #debian-qa on irc.debian.org as paulproteus.

Hope to see you in Le Camp

    Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de