Re: [UDD] Suspected problem of upload_history importer

On 13/06/13 at 09:46 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when doing my usual inspection of Debian Met packages under
>
>   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio#ampliconnoise
>
> I stumbled upon the fact that for instance the package ampliconnoise is
> featuring an uploader but the following package aragorn does not.  The
> information boils down to the changed_by field inside the upload_history
> table.  When checking UDD for both packages I get
>

> udd=> SELECT version, date, changed_by, maintainer from upload_history where source in ('aragorn', 'ampliconnoise') ;
>  version |          date          |              changed_by              |                                maintainer
> ---------+------------------------+--------------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  1.22-2  | 2011-05-03 22:04:09+00 | Steffen Moeller <moeller@debian.org> | Debian Med Packaging Team <debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org>
>  1.25-1  | 2011-08-21 19:02:23+00 | Tim Booth <tbooth@ceh.ac.uk>         | Debian Med Packaging Team <debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org>
> (2 rows)
>

> which is obviously missing the information for package aragorn.  This is
> definitely no singular case because when looking at the link above there
> are several random packages without showing any name mentioned inside
> "()" behind the "Debian Med Packaging Team" maintainer but usually should.
>
> Before I might dive deeper into this problem:  Is there any known trouble
> with the importer for upload_history data that might lead to the fact that
> not all packages are mentioned inside this table?

The upload_history is broken since I don't have a way to access
debian-devel-changes@ archives from UDD since master moved to
new-master.

In order to clarify that this importer is broken, I've just removed all
data in the upload_history table.

This has been discussed multiple times with DSA, but no solution has
been found yet.

This is tracked in #702085.

Lucas