Re: Question concerning watch file checks in PTS

Am 2013-01-28 21:55, schrieb Bart Martens:
On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 09:40:22PM +0100, Simon Kainz wrote:
Trying to fix some watch files, i got a bit confused:
Looking at http://qa.debian.org/watch/uscan-errors.txt (dated
2012-01-28, as i can see here: http://qa.debian.org/watch/ ), i see
e.g the following line:
apgdiff 2.4-1 : failed: 500 .*Bad hostname
So i do an
apt-get source to get the package. Then i cd into the newly created
dir and do the following:
skainz@zidd-104:~/tmp/apgdiff-1.4$ uscan --no-download -verbose
Newest version on remote site is 2.3, local version is 1.4
 => Newer version available from
    http://qa.debian.org/watch/sf.php/apgdiff/apgdiff-2.3-src.zip
So the watchfile seems to be ok, but still the watch file checks
tell me 500 bad hostname. So which file does the automated check
process then? Or should i get the watchfile from somewhere else?

Temporary network problems. I just ran uscan for this watch file on quantz,
and it currently still produces "bad hostname".  Also, running "host
apgdiff.startnet.biz" produces "Host apgdiff.startnet.biz not found:
3(NXDOMAIN)". Same on my laptop (different internet connection). For some reason the host can be reached from where you are. No idea why this happens.

Regards,

Bart Martens

Hi!

Host apgdiff.startnet.biz also gives the same result. Question is: Why do you query apgdiff.startnet.biz? When i apt-get source the package, my watch files looks like this:

skainz@zidd-104:~/tmp/apgdiff-1.4/debian$ cat watch
version=3
http://sf.net/apgdiff/apgdiff-(.+)-src.zip
skainz@zidd-104:~/tmp/apgdiff-1.4/debian$