[UDD] Help for importer needed: server certificate verification failed when trying to git clone from github

Hi,

in the Blends metadata importer I need to clone / pull some data from github.
When doing so manually I get:

$ git clone http://github.com/johnsen/meta-blends.git openstudio
Cloning into 'openstudio'...
error: server certificate verification failed. CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt CRLfile: none while accessing http://github.com/johnsen/meta-blends.git/info/refs
fatal: HTTP request failed

This does happen on host ullmann (udd.debian.org) only - I have a test
host where this does not happen.  It seems the last time when this
worked correctly was at 2013-07-16 - at least the last logfile was from
this date.  So it might be something has changed around this date.

Any hint how to fix this?

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--