Re: [PTS] Unneeded upstream version mangling in separate watch files

Hi Bart,

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 04:07:51 +0000, Bart Martens wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 08:18:12PM +0200, Micha Lenk wrote:
>> [...] may I kindly ask you to remove the watch files for
>> libaqbanking, libchipcard and libgwenhywfar from the collection of
>> separate watch files?
>
> You can remove them since I put the separate watch files in svn, but I'll
> remove them now.

Before I asked I tried, but didn't succeed: The subversion server
refused the commit with the message "permission denied". Apparently
being a Debian Developer is not sufficient to have write access to the
sepwatch SVN repository.

> Note however that besides adding ~ before beta there are more
> relevant changes :
> - escaping the dots in the file extension (.tar.gz should be \.tar\.gz)
> - more file extensions (not only gz but also bz2 and xz)
> - less strict version pattern ([\d.]*[a-z]*\d* should be \d\S*)

Thanks for the heads up, I will consider these improvements in the next
uploads of my packages. However, I would have appreciated these hints
also before hand (e.g. by a comment in the modified debian/watch file).

Best regards,
Micha