Re: PTS: revamp style

On Mon, 27 May 2013, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 10:06 PM, David Suárez wrote:
>
> > I revamped a litle the main css theme of the PTS. Look preview at [1].
>
> Unfortunately both of these URLs just give me some PHP errors. Could
> you attach a patch or new CSS file instead?

I saw them before the error appeared:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/01e1blyxfc
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0dc1blz4e2

> > I do an alternate version with the subscription box at the page header, like
> > bug #704102 suggests. Reach it at [2].
>
> I asked about this on IRC a while ago since it is a fairly subjective
> thing. The majority of Debian contributors who responded were against
> moving it to the top.

I think contributors who are already subscribed prefer to have it at the
bottom, it's less distracting. On the other hand, I prefer to have it at
the top because it means more people will subscribe to packages and the
more eyes, the better.

Even better would be to not have it so big and have only a "Subscribe"
button that direct non-JS users to some external CGI while JS users have
an embedded windown where they can complete the same form.

But David, as you saw, your CSS for the form at the top has some problems
with my Iceweasel (unless it's a cache issue, but I can't verify this
now).

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/