Re: Question concerning watch file checks in PTS

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 09:40:22PM +0100, Simon Kainz wrote:
> Trying to fix some watch files, i got a bit confused:
> Looking at http://qa.debian.org/watch/uscan-errors.txt (dated
> 2012-01-28, as i can see here: http://qa.debian.org/watch/ ), i see
> e.g the following line:
> apgdiff 2.4-1 : failed: 500 .*Bad hostname
> So i do an
> apt-get source to get the package. Then i cd into the newly created
> dir and do the following:
> skainz@zidd-104:~/tmp/apgdiff-1.4$ uscan --no-download -verbose
> Newest version on remote site is 2.3, local version is 1.4
>  => Newer version available from
>     http://qa.debian.org/watch/sf.php/apgdiff/apgdiff-2.3-src.zip
> So the watchfile seems to be ok, but still the watch file checks
> tell me 500 bad hostname. So which file does the automated check
> process then? Or should i get the watchfile from somewhere else?

Temporary network problems.  I just ran uscan for this watch file on quantz,
and it currently still produces "bad hostname".  Also, running "host
apgdiff.startnet.biz" produces "Host apgdiff.startnet.biz not found:
3(NXDOMAIN)".  Same on my laptop (different internet connection).  For some
reason the host can be reached from where you are.  No idea why this happens.

Regards,

Bart Martens