Forward bug mail through the PTS for bug reports to Debian mailing lists

[resent because lists.d.o does not like subjects containing "subscribe" ...]

Hello,

for background of thos not being aware: Sponsorships requests are
handled through the BTS since a while now. For that we established a
sponsorship-requests [1] pseudo-package. This package got the
debian-mentors mailing list as a package owner.

This resulted in a large overhead of control messages which many of us
found annoying and not really useful for a discussion and support list.
Hence, we wanted to filter out BTS control messages on the server side
which listmasters denied [2].

Alternatively we agreed to establish a new list as an owner of the
pseudo-package [3]. This list is hosted and active since a few days now.
Moreover, we still want to receive normal (non-control) bug traffic on
the mentors list. This can be achieved by using a PTS subscription
forwarding bug mail to mentors.

As you can imagine it is a bit more complicated to subscribe a public
mailing list to bug mails using the PTS by assuring the PTS control mail
does not reach the general public. In fact, formorer kindly agreed to
filter out PTS mail. For some reason which is completely unknown to me
the confirmation mail the PTS mail manager sends out never reaches the
private folder on Debian mail servers formorer created, and even a
manual confirmation reply sent back to the PTS using the confirmation
code pabs gave me from a copy from the outbox did not succeed in a
successful subscription.

Now my actual question: Can some qa-core guru knowing the PTS
subscription in depth [4] help me to subscribe the debian-mentors Debian
mailing list through the PTS for bug traffic? Maybe you could just add
the list subscription to the database manually or instruct me how to
proceed or what didn't work by sending out the confirmation mail from my
MUA/mail server using a confirmation code from the outgoing-control file.

The subscription bot code should be equivalent to:

subscribe sponsorship-requests debian-mentors@lists.debian.org
keyword sponsorship-requests debian-mentors@lists.debian.org = bts
contact summary default
thanks

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=sponsorship-requests
[4] Hence CC'ing buxy explicitly who wrote this part. Sorry for the noise.