Re: quant.debian.org reject again my messages

* Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> [121001 11:24]:
> Please can you stop the useless recursive Received: header scan?

Are you sure it is a Received header scan. That looks much more
like a Envelope from check.

> Sending mail in the form of
>
>   workstation -> intranet server -> public SMTP relay -> destination
>
> is 100% correct and legitim.

This is legitim. But the outgoing mail should have a envelope from that
can be sent mail to. Otherwise rejecting the mail is a natural thing to
do.

(Usually you either make sure the addresses are already correctly in
the inside of your network (using /etc/mailname or the like) or you
use rewriting at the exit node (or on another intermediate node).

>                            UNDELIVERABLE MAIL
>
> Your message to the following recipients cannot be delivered:
>
> <michelle.konzack@work1.intranet1.tamaySPAMdogan.net>:
> <<< No such domain.

See, even your system yourself cannot resolve where to send the
error message to, so how should anyone else? (And why should anyone
accept mails it cannot react with error messages)?

Hope that helps,
        Bernhard R. Link