Re: Hijacking^W^W^W^W^W^WSalvaging packages for fun and profit: A proposal

* Arno Töll <arno@debian.org>, 2012-09-28, 18:48:
Packages being marked as orphaned, or those being up for adoption can be immediately taken over.

If a package is RFA-ed (as opposed to O-ed), the maintainer retains all the usual privileges, including the right to decide who will take over the package (if anyone).

(Or least that how I understand how RFA is supposed to work. Please correct me if I've been wrong all the time.)

Reasons to salvage a package
[...]
* There is no visible activity regarding the package [5] for /six months/.
[...]
* The last upload was an NMU and there was no maintainer upload within /one year/.

Isn't the latter point redundant? Or are you saying that one can start the "salvaging" procedure a year after an NMU _despite_ visible activity of the maintainer?

--
Jakub Wilk