Re: Remaining issues of data propagation from debian/upstream to UDD bibref table

Le Thu, May 10, 2012 at 09:29:17AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> (for those who wonder:  Charles and me dcided to discuss ussues of
> Upstream Metadata Gatherer[1] here on this list.)

Hello everybody,

once we establish this bibliographic project as a proof of principle
for the debian/upstream files, I would like to start a DEP.  Do you
think that debian-qa would be a good place to host the discussions ?

Hi Andreas,

> The latest run of bibref gatherer uncovered the following remainin
> issues:
>
>   1. ncoils:
>
>      -> the source package ncoils should simply go away (it is the
>         name of the binary), but the source package is coils.  I'm
>         afraid umegaya does not "forget" any entry it previousely
>         had even if the package might have been renamed or removed

the command to run on blends.debian.net remove a package from the umegaya
database is, taking ncoils as an example:

  umegaya-adm -p ncoils -d

What is missing is:

 - Automated inspection of the database to remove bogus entries automatically.
 - Purge bogus files from the package-metadata pool at the same time.

>   2. shelxle:

It looks like it made it in Umegaya in the meantime.

>   3. autodock:
>
>      -> Possibly similar to (1. ncoils): Autodock is a binary package
>      -> Very same is true for autogrid because it is drawn from the
>         same source

Deleted

>   4. r-cran-qvalue:
>      Extra key in source package 'r-cran-qvalue': Reference-DOI - please remove from upstream file
>
>      -> I guess umegaya can not fix this issue for now because the
>         fixed package was renamed to r-bioc-qvalue and is hanging
>         in NEW queue.

No problem, I renamed the files in the pool, deleted r-cran-qvalue from Umegaya,
and registered r-bioc-qvalue with the command:

  umegaya-adm -p r-bioc-qvalue -k yaml-url -v svn://svn.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/R/r-bioc-qvalue/trunk/

(If it had been in Sid, this would have been done automagically through debcheckout.)

I then fetched the files with:

  curl http://upstream-metadata.debian.net/r-bioc-qvalue/ping

Have a nice day,

--