Re: Quilt bug or needs repackaging?

Le Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 10:47:06PM -0700, Russ Allbery a écrit :

>     saint-2.3.3/__MACOSX
>
> You don't need to repackage; you would just need to stop treating
> SAINT_v2.3.3 as if it were the top level of the upstream tarball, since
> dpkg-source doesn't agree with that.  If you make the debian directory at
> the same level as SAINT_v2.3.3 and __MACOSX, everything, including quilt,
> will work (although of course you'll have to change the packaging to
> actually work in the SAINT_v2.3.3 directory).
>
> But repackaging may be easier, depending on what the build system is like.

Thanks Russ for the explanation.

Andreas, I had the same problem with the bedtools package, and resorted to the
following until upstream ensured that __MACOSX directories are absent.

  get-orig-source:
          uscan --no-symlink --force-download --download-version $(DEB_UPSTREAM_VERSION)
          zcat ../BEDTools.v$(DEB_UPSTREAM_VERSION).tar.gz \
          | tar --wildcards \
                  --delete '*/._*' \
                  --delete '*/*DS_Store' \
          | xz \
          > ../$(DEB_SOURCE_PACKAGE)_$(DEB_UPSTREAM_VERSION).orig.tar.xz

If you are lucky, the upstream of SAINT will also agree to proofcheck his
released tarballs against such files.  Often they are not packaged in purpose
but only by accident.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy