Re: Intend to change lintian.d.o/qa-list.txt

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 10:57:57AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 05:41:17PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > That part is easy but I was not thinking about it, but about how the
> > PTS should present the lintian data.
>
> Well, in general the PTS presents the information about the most recent
> version of a package, the idea being that the PTS is a maintainer TODO
> page and that the maintainer mostly works on the latest version. The
> same principle could be applied here, unless there are strong reasons to
> do otherwise.

One could argue that the package in unstable is meant for the next stable
release, while in experimental "anything goes", so one could argue that the
TODOs on the PTS should (primarily) focus on the package in unstable.  I don't
object against also displaying information about packages in experimental, but
if the package in experimental is newer than the one in unstable, then PTS
should still display info about the package in unstable, in my opinion.

Regards,

Bart Martens