dogtail: Should this package be orphaned?

> Package: dogtail
> Version: 0.6.1-3
> Severity: important
> User: debian-qa@lists.debian.org
> Usertags: proposed-orphan
>
> Dear Maintainer,
>
> While reviewing some packages, your package came up as a package that
> should maybe be orphaned by its maintainer, because:
>
> * Out of date with upstream.
> * Buggy. (1 RC bug).
> * NPOASR. (Never part of a stable release).
> * Low popcon.
>
> If you think that it should be removed from Debian instead of being
> orphaned, please reply to this bug and tell so.
>
> If you disagree and want to continue to maintain this package, please
> close this bug and do an upload also fixing the other issues.

I just came across this package. It's been three years since this bug
was reported with no response from the maintainer. Nor have there been
any maintainer uploads of the package in this time. There are also
unanswered bugs that are even older than this. Though the maintainer
is not completely MIA. He has uploaded other packages within the last
year. [1]

Any plans to go ahead and orphan it?

CCing debian-qa for guidance on how to proceed. Just to be clear. I
have no intention to adopt this myself. I just think that it is
important to correctly reflect the status of a package.

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/r/rdup/news/20111126T101815Z.html

Thanks!

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>