Ideas / scripts for jenkins chroot tests

Hi.  I discussed <URL: http://jenkins.debian.net/ > slightly with Holger
on IRC, and he suggested I sent an email with my suggestion to track it.

A while back, I did chroot based upgrade testing between lenny and
squeeze, for Gnome and KDE, as well as Debian Edu.  The scripts and logs
from this work is available in

I suspect these scripts can be useful as starting points for chroot
tests and perhaps to report changes in the package installation set
after upgrades.  There are four scripts:

  upgrade-test-cron

    The script calling the other scripts.

  upgrade-test

    A script creating a chroot with lenny and upgrading to squeeze, and
    either installing gnome or kde using tasksel.

  upgrade-test-debian-edu

    A script creating a chroot with Debian Edu/lenny and upgrading it to
    squeeze.

  upgrade-test-compare-pkgdiff

    A script generating a list of package changes between the lenny and
    squeeze chroots.

Perhaps you find something useful in it for the chroot jenkins checks?

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen