Re: Putting cross-build status info somewhere useful

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Wookey wrote:

> I've been running a cross-buildd for a while now (if somewhat
> sporadically), which builds a subset of packages using standard debian
> (emdebian.org) toolchains in standard sbuild chroots, to determine
> which packages are currently cross-buildable using multiarch mechanisms.

Excellent.

What would it take to expand that to the full archive built all the time?

> The current results are generated by a (fairly dim) perl script which
> parses build-logs. It would be easy to make it spit out summaries in a
> different form: e.g. a testfile list of:
> package, version, arch, status

I would suggest that the file should be space separated (drop the
commas) and after the status should come the URL to a build log for
the PTS to link to.

> And apprently something like this (along with a reader) is what is
> needed to put the info in UDD (from whence it could be consumed by
> other software).

If you want to implement this yourself, tips below, otherwise, please
provide the summary file you mentioned above and report a bug against
qa.debian.org about it.

The PTS is not UDD based so you need to implement separate
downloading/parsing for both right now.

I don't know much about UDD but for the PTS check out the code:

svn://svn.debian.org/svn/qa/trunk/pts/www

Add some commands to the bin/update_incoming.sh script so that your
summary file gets downloaded into the incoming directory.

Edit the bin/other_to_xml.py script to load the summary file. The
lintian summary file is similar so I would suggest looking at how this
is done and adapting it.

Edit the xsl/pts.xsl template file to add a new issue-crossbuild
template to the todo-list template.

You will also want to add a link to the crossbuild status in the links
box at the right, probably in the buildd: item after the ports link,
so something like "buildd: logs, exp, ports, cross".

As far as testing it goes, you probably want to do that by logging
into qa.d.o and copying the existing data to your home directory. You
will want to look at the bin/do_all.sh script to find out what to run.
bin/generate_html.sh is the script that generates the HTML and takes a
list of package names on stdin, which is handy for testing.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise