Re: [proposal] change color for version number if upstream uses github and just check master

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 5:03 AM, Hideki Yamane wrote:

>  It has watch results and show version number with pink color if upstream
>  released newer version than Debian package. However, if upstream uses
>  github and sometimes watch file is check just its master branch in git
>  (without enough thought).
>
>  master in git is "always" newer than the package in Debian repository.
>  So, I suggest you to change its color to other if package watches master
>  branch.

It is up to the maintainer to put the right URLs and regexes in
debian/watch. If they don't want master they should be more specific
with their regex or use the github tags URL.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise