Re: Packages not covered by umegaya

Le Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 01:45:26PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> I checked the blends prospective packages gatherer log for
> inconsistencies and found:
>
> $ grep "has upstream file but no references" blends_prospective_gatherer.log | sed 's/^.*: //'
> spread-phy of debian-med has upstream file but no references in UDD
> soapdenovo of debian-med has upstream file but no references in UDD
> slicot of debian-science has upstream file but no references in UDD
> sbmltoolbox of debian-med has upstream file but no references in UDD
> sumo of debian-science has upstream file but no references in UDD
> saint of debian-med has upstream file but no references in UDD
>
> This is a sign the umegaya gatherer failed in updating the records of
> these packages.  Any reason for this?

Hi Andreas,

When the first attempt of guessing the URL of a package was a failure
(returning 'NA', further attempts were not possible, explaining why the above
packages were missing.

I am adding a daily cron job that cleans the database, so that this does not
happen anymore.

Individual packages can be cleaned with the command 'umegaya-adm -p <package> -d'.

More self-consistency checks are needed.  Everybody intersted in Umegaya is welcome
to help !

In order to better follow issues with a bug tracker, and to make sure that what
is running on blends.debian.net (upstream-medatada.debian.net) is standard and
easily accessible to all, I am uploading Umegaya to the Debian archive.  I will
update blends.debian.net with standard Debian packages.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan