Re: [PTS] Factorizing common bits between pts.xsl and admssw.xsl

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 12:57:25PM +0200, Olivier Berger wrote:
> In building the RDF export for the PTS I've reused variables and some
> templates code in the new admssw.xsl. I had initially copied these.

Bad Olivier, bad! :-)

> I suggest that from now on a common xsl include handles these common
> objects, so that changes get applied to both simultaneously.

A long time ago, when I was active on PTS development, I did quite a bit
of factorization (although "reorganization" would be more correct, as
there wasn't multiple code "clients" back then). For one thing, I
created pts-issues.xsl as an XSL template 'library', which is used by
pts.xsl.  Any similar factorization effort is welcome.

In fact, for future development I'd prefer if we could first do the
needed refactoring. That would be to copy/paste templates because, say,
if you lose interest in this, the copy/paste code will remain with us,
like, forever.

Thanks for working on this!
Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .