Keeping a record of programming language in upstream metadata

Hi,

in WNPP bugs there is a field for "Programming Lang" but as far as I can
see this information is not propagated into the meta information of the
uploaded package.  The only place where this information is recorded as
well is in the tasks files of Blends for prospective packages where we
simply keep a copy of this field.

I'm currently trying to squeeze the size of those tasks files by trying
to gather all possible information automatically and so I'm fetching
machine readable files from Vcs which basically contain all information
- except of the programming language which might be an interesting
information for those people who intent to pick some work item from the
prospective package list.  I would like to suggest to add this field to
debian/upstream[1] files as a field named "Programming-Lang" (feel free
to suggest a better name - I was simply guided by the WNPP field).

What do you think?

     Andreas.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata

--