Re: Packages missing from UpstreamMetadata repository

Le Thu, May 17, 2012 at 09:14:48AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 08:49:37AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> >
> > Obsolete VCS URL in the Umegaya database; fixed with the following commands.
> >
> >   umegaya-adm -p praat -d
> >   curl http://upstream-metadata.debian.net/praat/ping
> >   umegaya-adm -p mlv-smile -d
> >   curl http://upstream-metadata.debian.net/mlv-smile/ping
> >   umegaya-adm -p gbrowse -d
> >   curl http://upstream-metadata.debian.net/gbrowse/ping
> >   umegaya-adm -p abyss -d
> >   curl http://upstream-metadata.debian.net/abyss/ping
>
> I wonder whether there might be a chance to detect this obsoleteness
> somehow automatically.  Currently we have a quite restricted set of
> packages which can be maintained manually.  But once we have more
> packages this certainly will not scale.  I wonder whether it makes
> sense for Umegaya to inspect VCSes directly.  When dealing with the
> machine-readable files for prospective packages I was able to detect
> several broken Vcs strings without much trouble.

Hi Andreas,

definitely, I would like to have a set of systems checking integrity or
consistency either at fixed times or at refresh time.  Comparison with the data
already in the UDD would be great, as well as recursing the VCSes directly on
Alioth.  I think that the difficult will be to find a way to deal with
thousands of packages without consuming too much resources.  Any volunteer to
contribute solutions is more than welcome !

I hope we can do the proof of principle with the VCS URLs, now that Debian
source package control files are also gathered.

Cheers

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,