Re: Fwd: Today the public review period for ADMS.F/OSS v0.3 began

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 02:25:13PM +0200, Olivier Berger wrote:

> You may be interested in knowing that a draft of a vocabulary intended
> to be used for describing software developped in forges, or listed in
> catalogues has been published by a working group attached to the
> European Commission (ISA programme), for review by the public.
>
> I imagine it could well be used some day to publish metadata about
> Debian distributions and or software packaged in Debian on the Semantic
> Web (for instance to interlink records of an upstream software, some
> user reviews, its debian packages, and other distributions', etc.).

I'm sorry I don't have the time to participate personally, but should
you need something to complement Trove categories, there are several
facets in Debtags that are pretty well defined and useful.

These are general purpose facets that are imo ready for prime time, and
very useful: role, implemented-in, interface, system, uitoolkit,
works-with, works-with-format, hardware.

These are domain-specific facets that support important use cases:
accessibility, admin, devel, field, game, iso15924, mail, network,
protocol, office, science, security, sound, web.

The "use" facet is one with a lot of potential, but which requires more
thinking: it could be a good starting point for an interesting
discussion.

If you need anything debtags-related, you know where to find me: I hope
I'll be able to respond in a timely manner.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>