Complain about Christoph Martin

Dear sir / madam,

I want to complain about the debian package maintainer Christoph Martin
who is responsible for the SKS debian package.

I wrote him personally about software updates for SKS in the past. He
refused to make 1.1.2 available as a debian package with no explanation
at all and was surprised by the fact that there even are updates for
SKS. I would be ashamed to call myself a debian package maintainer.

The right reaction should be to say thanks for the info and
immediately start the work on the package update. His reaction till
today is exactly zero.

I wrote another mail with the info that there is another update
available (1.1.3). No answer to that mail at all and i do not expect
one anymore.

The last mini-update for the sks debian package had to be done by one
of the members of the sks-developer mailing-list, Daniel Kahn
Gilmor. Everybody who is using the debian package on that
list is angry about Christoph Martin.

Imagine my big surprise when i found out that he isn't even
subscribed to that list. And just if i thought it couldn't get worse,
i received the info from Fabio M. Di Nitto who is also listed as a
package maintainer for SKS, that he hasn't done any work for debian in
years and probably never will be again.

I hereby want to urge you to remove Christoph Martin and Fabio Di
Nitto as a package maintainer at least for the SKS package. Even no
maintainer would be better than those two. In fact there is no one in
the moment.

The probably most used linux server distribution is
practically undermining everybody who wants to keep SKS alive.

The members of the sks-dev list are working together with Kristian
Fiskerstrand (sks-keyservers.net) to provide a free pool for everybody.
And a lot of those people are well pissed off about the behavior from
Christoph Martin.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely

Sebastian Urbach

Religion is something left over from the infancy of
our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt
reason and science as our guidelines.

Bertrand Arthur William Russell (1872-1970),
British philosopher, logician, mathematician,
historian, and social critic.