Re: UDD broken for dde.debian.net

Hi Lucas,

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 09:50:45AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 28/03/12 at 15:52 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 02:52:21PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > enrico@paganini:~$ psql -h localhost -U guest -p 5441 udd
> > > udd=> select description from all_packages limit 10;
> > > ERROR:  permission denied for relation all_packages
> >
> > I just did:
> >
> >   GRANT SELECT ON all_packages TO PUBLIC;
> >
> > and commited the change to SVN.
>
> What I don't understand is that that GRANT is in sql/setup.sql. How did
> it disappear ?

I did not touched sql/setup.sql but rather added

-- 2012-03-28
-- need to set permission after recreating the view
GRANT SELECT ON all_packages TO PUBLIC;

to sql/upgrade.sql[1] which vanished again now.  I have no good
explanation why the permissions went away (I can confirm that this line
is at the positions in setup.sql and upgrade.sql where I would expect
them to be to become effective).  So for whatever reason the granting of
permissions needed to be done again and so I did manually and dropped
the obviosely harmless line into upgrade.sql just for the sake of
documentation that it was done.

> Did you drop/recreate other table/views without making the required GRANTs ?

No.  Not that I would know of.  I did the updates by

   psql udd < sql/upgrade.sql

> Is sql/setup.sql up to date from your POV ?

Yes.

> I've merged back (and commited to SVN) the changes that you overwrote in
> config-org.yaml, and commited all pending changes to SVN, so please
> check the permissions on the tables you modified.

Thanks.  Hope this brings UDD back into a fully working state.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/collab-qa/udd/sql/upgrade.sql?revision=2188&view=markup
    (see very bottom)