Re: Missing man-pages

Hej,

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 18:38:41 +0100
Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:

> IIRC the discussion you've in mind, it was questioning the usefulness
> of man pages specifically for GUI applications.

That is indeed the one I was referring to.

> IIRC, nobody did question
> the usefulness of manpages for CLI applications. So, as long as you
> stick with those, you'll be fine. For GUI applications, check with the
> maintainer first (publicly, as already mentioned by Serafeim).

Ok, perhaps it would be a good idea to mention this on the website [1]
as well?

[1] http://qa.debian.org/man-pages.html

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 18:43:09 +0100
"Bernhard R. Link" <brlink@debian.org> wrote:

> Even if it is not used directly, it still is a patch for a bug in the
> package. Even if the current maintainer will not fix it, some future
> maintainer or some NMUer might. So it should not be a "is not used"
> but rather a "is not currently used".

Or at the very least I would have learned something about the binary
and its command line options myself, you certainly have a point.

Thanks for the answers.

Regards,
Aljoscha