Re: DEP-2: Debian Package Maintenance Hub

* Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> [120128 18:42]:
> On Sat, 28 Jan 2012, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> > makes that field useless. It would make more sense to get rid of that
> > field then[1]. (Though I'd prefer to make it only optional).

I think I placed my focus wrongly, thus made my point not very clear.

What I question is making the new address the new default for
"Maintainer:". I'd rather only make it a possiblity (to replace
mailing lists, for package groups, and for maintainers prefering it).

So I think the proposal should rather be that nothing within Debian
should use the "Maintainer:" field directly, but rather submit the
data to the new system (for example with a pts-like mail with headers).

As everything sending to "Maintainer:" should be changed anyway, that
would have all the benefits, without disrupting maintainers or
suggesting big changes unrelated to the actual proposal.

        Bernhard R. Link