Re: Please re-enable sbuild log filtering for archive rebuilds.

Le Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 09:34:31AM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum a écrit :

> On 14/01/12 at 16:09 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> >
> > in SVN revision 1966, you disabled log filtering in sbuild for the archive
> > rebuilds.  However, this filtering helps to reduce the diff with the
> > maintainer's build log (I commit or post all the build logs for the packages I
> > upload), and therefore facilitates the investigations.
> >
> > Would you consider re-enabling this feature ?
>
> When it was enabled, some people complained that it made logs harder to
> analyze, so I reverted this change.
>
> I don't have a strong opinion on this, but I'm not going to play
> flip-flop. So I'll let it disabled, unless at least 4 persons
> remember that as many people wanted to have it disabled.)

What was the argument used exactly ?  Before sending this email I made a couple
of search engine queries, but could not find the complains.  Perhaps this is
not a black and white problem, and a solution can be found that satisfies
everybody ?

Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med