Re: DEHS moved to mole

Hi Raphael,

On Mon, 04 Jul 2011, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> > I've set up a WIP version of a new DEHS instance that uses the watch
> > files from the lintian lab to submit uscan results to mole. The data
> > is then extracted as a .db file and presented in DDPO.
>
> I know I disappeared, but this is... *sigh*

This is hopefully something reliable that we can trust. DEHS has
not been this up to now. And it was painful because it was maintained
outside of the QA team and we could do nothing except try to poke
someone or wait.

> There is more to it than just the data export and the fronted. There are
> also email notifications and a log of when a new upstream release was found,
> which is part of a plan to provide charts and maybe try to do things like
> estimating when a given upstream is more likely to release a new version,
> and more.

The email notification part is very important and it would be nice to have
it back soon. It should not be too difficult to reenable it on top of the
new implementation.

For the rest, you're still very welcome to contribute those features but
it was very important to get the basic infrastructure moved within
debian-qa and more importantly made reliable. We're not that many in the
team and the tools needs to run without too much manual intervention.

Please don't be demotivated by this "fork". It came out of our
needs/desires and our inability to fix DEHS because it was not part of
Debian QA.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)