Re: Load on udd.d.o

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 10:06:11AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 7:46 PM, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> > On Sun, 23 Oct 2011, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> >
> >> But the main problem, anyway, is that samosa is a bit low on RAM (only 6
> >> GB), and a bit slow on I/O. In the long term, it would be useful to move
> >> UDD to a faster box...
> >
> > We probably don't have anything like that tho.
>
> Is this something that the publicity team could help with; putting out
> a call for donations like was done for snapshot.debian.org?

Before going down that path, DSA and/or HW coordination decides a) that
they want a new machine to that and b) its configuration. Doing a call
for (*hardware*) donation without having decided that could confuse
things up. Once that settled, -publicity help would indeed be useful (as
an idea: we can mention in it what UDD is used for and how it's useful
for the project).

Cheers.