Re: piuparts failure for comerr-dev?

On 07/04/2011 06:27 PM, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
http://piuparts.debian.org/sid/fail/comerr-dev_2.1-1.42~WIP-2011-07-02-1.log

This looks like a missing sid.tar.gz file, which is not a problem with
the package, but some kind of configuration problem?   Will piuparts
automatically retry the test at some point?

	      					- Ted

Not an official answer (and I do not have logon access to machine on which piuparts runs), but since I am responsible for some of the more recent mods to piuparts ...

This appears to be a problem with the lastest "bleeding edge" version of piuparts; i.e. not being able to open/unpack sid.tar.gz is a fundamental error. v0.40 was just packaed on 6/26, and this is v0.41~201106270718. The cause could be a problem in most recent piuparts code, or other mod to piuparts global config on test machine. I expect that either:

a) all recent packages have failed with same error, or
b) config file will be rolled back or "fixed"

In either case, failed packages will likely be manually rescheduled. If not, then they will be restested during next "section run" (which is basically the entire archive, and takes 3-4 days).