Re: List of file permissions in all packges?

Hi Stefan,

sorry for the late reply, I'm very busy with non-Debian stuff atm...

On Dienstag, 8. März 2011, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> > And then you could/would need to run piuparts on the whole archive
> A good start would be all packages which have a file in
> /etc/logrotate.d or depend on logrotate. But including all other
> pacakges with directories in /var/log would be interesting, too, which
> is not that easy: I just noticed that apt-file does not know about
> empty directories. And log directories tend to be empty in the package

For the piuparts.d.o usecase this doesnt really matter, a full test of a suite
takes less than 2 weeks, ie squeeze was tested five times in the last two
years, as you can see on http://piuparts.debian.org/squeeze/states.png :-)

I actually plan to throw away the oldest ~100 logs older than 4 months each
day (for the suites still in development..), so that the archives are
automatically periodically retested, as dependent packages change all the
time.

I just dont know when I'll get around to implement those few lines of shell :/
Help in running piuparts.d.o still very much welcome & needed.

> It's that using logrotate on directories writable by non-root is not
> secure. There is a lengthy thread at [1] and SD's post [2] raises some
> valid points that this is not completely fixable in logrotate itself.

hmpf. Thanks for the pointers.

cheers,
	Holger