Re: RFS: xsol (updated package) [A solitaire game for the X Windows system]

A Dijous, 21 d'octubre de 2010 11:44:40, Sven Hoexter va escriure:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 11:25:20AM +0200, Mònica wrote:
>
> > I think it's everything solved, but I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean with "the linking in debia/rules can be shortened" :-(
>
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libSM.so.6 could be avoided if "debian/xsol/usr/games/xsol" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libICE.so.6 could be avoided if "debian/xsol/usr/games/xsol" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libXext.so.6 could be avoided if "debian/xsol/usr/games/xsol" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
>
> Could be avoided ...
> -       $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o xsol xsol.c -I/usr/X11R6/include -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXm -lXt -lICE -lSM -lX11 -lXext
> +       $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o xsol xsol.c -I/usr/X11R6/include -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXm -lXt -lX11

ok :-)

I tried your solution some days before and (I don't remember why) discard it, but I've tried again and it works.

But in Debian archives, there is the "long" solution (I copied from there). I can't understand why these libraries were linked if they aren't used.

Now, I've uploaded again with all your suggestions.

Thanks for helping me!

--
Mònica

"Normalment, només se'ns reconeix el dret de pensar quan pensem dins d'un dels corrents que cada època considera legítims; és a dir quan pensem el menys possible."
Manuel de Pedrolo