Re: gob2_2.0.16-3_amd64.changes ACCEPTED

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 03:10:34PM +0200, Jan Hauke Rahm wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:29:20AM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:

> > *sigh*  Lintian just isn't the right tool for this job, the sort of
> > random things that lintian identifies just aren't interesting for an
> > upload like this.

> An upload like this isn't the right thing to do to orphan a package.
> Filing an O bug is enough. If you upload a package, it has to be
> technically sane -- independent of your particular interest in that
> package. And for that lintian tests are very well interesting.

Look, I'm not saying that there's no problem with the upload here.  What
I'm saying is that an e-mail such as that which was sent originally sent
tended rather to the hostile and appears to have unrealistic expectation
as to the sort of work that a maintainer is going to do when orphaning a
package.  The package was basically sane before this upload, if anything
meaningful had changed lintian-wise there's very little chance that it'd
get looked at in an upload that's all about indicating a lack of interest
in the package so there's very little reason to run lintian on it.

A simple mail saying "Hey, you made a mistake" would have been much more
constructive.