Debian QA meeting ?

Hi,

what about having again a debian QA meeting? If I am not mistaken the
last ones were in november/december 2006, 2007, and 2008.

Concretely: we could have a meeting here in Paris at the brand new
Center for Research and Innovation on Free Software (IRILL [1]). The
location is close to Place d'Italie, 2 metro stops away (southward)
from the location of the recent french mini debconf. In the past
the venue has already been used for a debian release team meeting and
for an OSI board meeting.

IRILL has offered to host the meeting, but besides that cannot offer
sponsoring for travel or housing, so this would have to be covered
otherwise (for instance in the Debian sprint program announced recently
by Zack). Both weekends and week days are possible, however it seems
at the moment too difficult to use the venue after 9 p.m.

Possible dates: this is open to discussion. From my own egoistic POV
I would suggest beginning of next year (february would be best) as I
am very busy until the end of this year.

So, this mail serves at the moment to check what people think about
having again a QA meeting, and about the proposed venue and timeframe.
What do you think?

-Ralf.

[1] http://www.irill.org/