Re: [UDD] Improved link between LP bug tasks watching Debian bugs and debbugs ids

Le mardi 10 août 2010 à 10:43 +0200, Lucas Nussbaum a écrit :
> On 04/08/10 at 19:28 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 06:29:02PM +0200, Olivier Berger wrote:
> > > I'd suggest to add a table like :
> > >
> > > CREATE TABLE whatever AS
> > > SELECT bug, int4(substring(watch from 'http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport\\.cgi\\?bug=(\\d+)')) as debian_bugid
> > > FROM ubuntu_bugs_tasks WHERE
> > > watch LIKE 'http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=%';

> > > Any comments ?
> >
> > Sounds reasonable
>
> Couldn't this be simply done as a VIEW ? Or is it too
> performance-critical?

I guess a view could do it, but I'm afraid the regex consumes quite some
CPU, and thus doesn't help creating joins between ubuntu tasks and
debian bugs.

So probably a table would be better. Sorry, I can't do any measurements
on performance between the two options, being on vacation ATM.

Best regards,

--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu>
Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF