[Help] Need help of Python / I18N expert for getting DDTP translations into UDD (again)

Hi,

since a longer time the ddtp gatherer for UDD fails to import for some
strange encoding problem and I do not have the slightest idea how to fix
this.  The fact is that DDTP people claim to have not changed anything
at the time when the job started to fail not is there any visible change
in UDD.  Because I'm completely lost and have no idea what to do I would
like to ask here what might be the best strategy to ask for help. Is
there any Python expert who might have a look at

   svn://svn.debian.org/svn/collab-qa/udd/udd/ddtp_gatherer.py

or should I try to strip down the problem to a very simple example (say
a very short paragraph of a DDTP input file) and strip down the Python
code to a simple script which reproduces the failure and ask somewhere
else for Python experts?

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--