Re: add font review links to the PTS?

On Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 01:40:00PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply, I've completely missed this.

> pkg-fonts would like to add links from the PTS to our font review
> pages for each binary package containing a font. What information
> would the PTS need in order for us to add this? Here are some links to
> the review index, the review for ttf-dejavu-core and DejaVu Sans.

I confess it is not clear to me the purpose of adding this to the
PTS. Or better, it is not clear to me in which part of the PTS you want
that. Do you want a link in the links section like the homepage
stuff. That would be reasonable. Otherwise, if you want it as a "TODO",
I'm not sure which kind of TODO message you envisage (maybe I've just
not ended up on the right pages in the current font review page).

In both cases, the steps to have integration are pretty much the
standard ones:

- Provide a complete index in a single file, giving all the information
  the PTS would need to generate font-review-related information at each
  pulse.

  Ideally, the index should be source-package oriented, but we can leave
  also with binary-package oriented indexes. If you want me to name a
  file format for the index, I vote for YAML.

  The index will be retrieved at each PTS pulse, about 4 times a day.

- If you just want links, the index should map packages to the relevant
  links. That way you will be able to change the URL scheme without
  needing interaction with us. If you want also TODO items, that
  information should be added to, we can discuss details once it is
  clear which kind of TODO you will need.

- File a bug against the PTS with all needed info, patches welcome :-)

> Later down the track we might like to add problems mentioned by
> fontlint and other font validators to the todo section of the PTS.

Well, this seems to go in the TODO/problem directions, but if you
already have that information I'd prefer doing the integration once and
for all, what would be the point in diluting it?

Cheers.